flash plugin on freebsd amd64

RW list-freebsd-2004 at morbius.sent.com
Sun Jul 17 15:09:26 GMT 2005

On Saturday 16 July 2005 12:48, Emil Khatib wrote:
> Hi, I can't get flash movies to play in freebsd 5.4 amd64. The movies
> play too fast. I've tried the flashplugin-mozilla plugin in the ports.
> I also tried another one. Is there any way to solution this?

The normal answer is that the only ports that handle flash well are the
genuine macromedia linux-plugins, www/linux-flashplugin6 (or7). However that
normally requires the use of the linux plugin wrapper, which is marked as
i386 only. Since the plugins themselve are for i386 and amd64 I suspect it
can be done.  If you can't find a how-to on google, and don't get a better
answer here, then try the freebsd-amd64 list.