FreeBSD 5.4 & Adaptec 2010s - raidutil / aaccli

M. L. user at celeritystorm.com
Sat Jul 16 19:07:16 GMT 2005

Hi,

I can't post exact messages now, but dmesg detects an asr "Adaptec
Caching RAID", and the only disk detected (the RAID-10) is da0. As I
mentioned, raidutil (from the asr utils package) keeps saying
/dev/rdpti17 doesn't exist, and if I symlink asr0 -> rdpti17, the next
time I run raidutil, it will erase the symlink. As I also mentioned,
some posts from google mentioned symlinking /dev/rasr0 -> rdpti17, but I
don't have such device.

If you're talking about the SYSV-related kernel options, I have tried
these and the error is the same.