Softupdates Question

Norbert Koch NKoch at demig.de
Fri Jul 15 06:06:29 GMT 2005

Yes, there is!
Softupdates guarantees a consistent state of meta data. But there
is a chance of losing a lot of recent file data changes.
An other problem is, that Softupdates cannot know how much data
is still in the hard disk's cache and not yet written back.

I think it cannot easyly be answered, if it is better in this
special configuration to run with or w/o Softupdates.

Norbert