(KAME-snap 9155) Simple question

Keiichi SHIMA keiichi at iijlab.net
Fri Jul 15 01:19:35 GMT 2005

Hello,

From: "Tiago Sousa" <tmas at dei.uc.pt>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 19:24:49 +0100

> In what concern to my previous mails I can summarize and simplify the
> problem:
>
> Why when I enable the ipv6_gateway_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf the
> following error occurs (I am using freebsd 5.4 and the last kame snap):
>
> in6_if2idlen:unknown link type (34)
>
> in6_if2idlen:unknown link type (249)
>
> in6_if2idlen:unknown link type (244)

Because the interface length of the above if types (34 = IFT_PARA, 249
= IFT_IST, 244 = IFT_DUMMY) are not defined.

> I know these are only warnings but when they occur I can not ping other
> computers (only direct attached links) and the computer doesn't make
> forwarding of packets.
>
> Anybody knows what is wrong?

I don't think the above errors are the reason of your routing problem.
Just to make sure, did you specify any kind of routing daemon in your
rc.conf?  Maybe disclosing your routing table information (by netstat
-nr) may give us some hints to solve the problem.

---
Keiichi SHIMA
IIJ Research Laboratory <keiichi at iijlab.net>
KAME Project <keiichi at kame.net>