mysql-4.1.12 errors after portupgrade

Tsampros Leonidas ltsampros at upnet.gr
Thu Jul 14 21:34:20 GMT 2005

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 03:17:52PM -0600, Ken Gunderson wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 23:40:06 +0000
> Tsampros Leonidas <ltsampros at upnet.gr> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 11:03:18AM -0600, Ken Gunderson wrote:
> > > Hello:
> > >
> > > This is driving me bonkers!  I portupgraded mysql41 to 4.1.12.  Now

Did you use the -b flag when portupgading ? This keeps a backup of the
old packages at /var/tmp unless you've changed the TMPDIR
variable. Anyway if there is such a backup i would suggest examining
what changed (apart from the binaries) during the upgrade. Maybe we
are missing something preety obvious.

Hope I helped.

> > > mysql won't start from the rc.d/mysql-server.sh, either at startup or
> > > when I run manually.  I didn't change any options in /etc/
> > > rc.conf.local. Mysql error logs whine thusly:
> > >
> > > [ERROR] Can't find messagefile '/usr/local/share/mysql/english/
> > > errmsg.sys'

<snip>