Cloning FreeBSD installations

Peter kosmos at host.sk
Thu Jul 14 15:34:36 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I've some PC with identical HW with FreeBSD 5.4. I'm looking for a way to
clone FreeBSD installations from one PC to another.
I've read in mailing list about script clone.sh. "The script copies the MBR
and  disklabel from ad0 to ad1 and then creates the file systems and copies
data with dump and restore. The cloned configuration file /etc/rc.conf is
edited using 'sed' to update the ip address and hostname."

Have you this script or something similar? Is the possible send me that?

Thanks a lot,
Peter Macko