Apache 1.3 FreeBsd Port missing mod_auth_digest

Chris Roos chris at seagul.co.uk
Thu Jul 14 11:48:05 GMT 2005

Glenn Dawson wrote:
> At 01:52 AM 7/14/2005, Chris Roos wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm not entirely convinced this is the right place for this question
>> as it may be an Apache issue rather than FreeBsd/Port issue.  Either
>> way, I thought I'd start here first.
>>
>> I've been running Apache 1.3 from the ports on FreeBsd 5.3R for quite
>> a while.  I've even been running it with mod_digest to provide some
>> basic password protection.  Unfortunately mod_digest doesn't work with
>> IE. This hasn't really been a problem until now.  Now that it is an
>> issue I've been looking to enable mod_auth_digest in place of
>> mod_digest as this should work with IE too.  The problem is that I
>> cannot find any reference of it in my install or in any of the patches
>> applied to the Apache 1.3 port; as far as I can tell mod_auth_digest
>> is nowhere to be found on my install.  I've also been trying to google
>> for similar reports of this problem but currently to no avail.
>>
>> Does anyone have any information on this?  It could well be the case
>> that I'm missing something obvious that I just don't know about so any
>> pointers to other resources I might check would also be appreciated.
>

> According to this: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_auth_digest.html
> if you have 1.3.8 or later the files required are included with the rest
> of apache.  They also list it as experimental.
>
> Building it into apache should be as easy as adding the correct options
> to CONFIGURE_ARGS
>
> -Glenn

Ok.  I had already seen the apache page detailing the fact that it
should already be available in the Apache distribution since 1.3.8,
which is why I was confused when I couldn't find it.  The problem I have
now is how would I find out what options are available to be added to
CONFIGURE_ARGS?  Is this something I would find somewhere in the ports
info or in the Apache docs?

Thanks for your help,

Chris