Left/right arrow and backspace translation confusion

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Thu Jul 14 11:47:25 GMT 2005

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 12:41:33PM +0100, Alex Zbyslaw wrote:
Doug Lee wrote:

> One thing to check is that both keyboards are actually producing the
> same codes for your keys.  They probably are, but...

Yes they are.  The truth table (or approximation thereof) also shows
that it doesn't matter which system (/keyboard) I start from.

> Also, what does "echo $term" show?  Identical termcap files don't help
> if your terms are different :-)

"screen" when in a Screen session, "vt102" when not.  I've also tried
"vt100" and even "cygwin" (with Cygwin being the point of origin of
course).

> Is there anything different about the .login or .cshrc between the machines?

Apart from different alias definitions, different prompts, and a
couple of other unrelated things (like shell variables set to point to
drives, for example), no.

--Alex

--
Doug Lee           dgl at dlee.org        http://www.dlee.org