Building an ISO for CD release of a custom FreeBSD 5.4

Kövesdán Gábor gabor.kovesdan at t-hosting.hu
Thu Jul 14 00:10:55 GMT 2005

Jonathan Beit-Aharon wrote:

> I tried the following:
>
>    cd /usr/src/release
>    make release CHROOTDIR=/usr/v54export BUILDNAME=FBSD54_050712
> RELEASETAG=RELENG_5 \
>        CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at anoncvs.FreeBSD.org:/home/ncvs
> EXTSRCDIR=/usr/src \
>        MAKE_ISOS=/usr/v54export COMPAT_DISTS=compat4x
> OTHER_DISTS=manpages \
>        NOPORTS=YES
>
> It complained that the connection to the CVS repository is being
> refused.  I tried changing the CVSROOT to :pserver:freebsdanoncvs at ...
> but that and several other protocol variations didn't help.   I can't
> see why -- does anyone know/care?   Is there a simple way to overcome
> this obstacle (is the documentation wrong/typo'ed)?

There are three main components of a custom install disc: Distributions
(binaries), documentations, ports collection.
As for the binaries, they are built from /usr/src since You use EXTRCDIR
macro. As for ports collection, it won't be integrated since You
specified NOPORTS=YES. As for documentation, it will be built from the
CVS repository if You don't specify EXTDOCDIR, so the documentation will
be checked out from the repository and You can only specify a local
directory where the CVS repository is mirrored, afaik. I haven't seen
any example that used that pserver address. So You'd better mirror it
with CVSup and then You could specify such /usr/home/ncvs, if your
mirror is located under /usr/home/ncvs

Cheers,

Gábor Kövesdán