m4p conversion to mp4?

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.net
Tue Jul 12 21:34:53 GMT 2005

On 07/11/05 12:25 PM, Garrett Cooper sat at the `puter and typed:
> Louis LeBlanc wrote:
>
> >On 07/10/05 08:57 PM, Louis LeBlanc sat at the `puter and typed:
> >
> > <SNIP>
> >
> >TIA
> >Lou
> >

> There's always faad2.

Actually, faad2 won't do the job.  The m4p format uses a variant of
the md5 hash algorithm to make it difficult to play this music on
anyone else's system.  It will play on my iPod and my iTunes
installation, but if I give the file to someone else, it won't play.

There's probably a key somewhere in the iTunes DB and installed on the
iPod that helps decode the hash.

I think I'll try jHymn, as suggested by anothe poster.

Thanks.
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc                          FreeBSD-at-keyslapper-DOT-net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,                   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)

Pollyanna's Educational Constant:
  The hyperactive child is never absent.