(win?)modem

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Mon Jul 11 21:59:20 GMT 2005

FreeBSD does not work with winmodems.
FreeBSD uses hardware modems only.
That being said: there is the ltmdm port of the Linux lucent
winmodem driver that works with some of the conexant winmodems.
Only thing you can do is install the ltmdm port and see if it
works with your modem.
If not then you will have to purchase a true hardware modem.
I use the zoom external model 3049L modem.