Suspend-to-disk resuming

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Mon Jul 11 09:56:11 GMT 2005

Ben Jencks <ben-freebsd-questions at bjencks.net> wrote:

> I'm trying to get suspend-to-disk (S4OS) working. (S3 doesn't work, but
> I'll worry about that later). When I run acpiconf -s 4, it appears to
> suspend ok. However, when I boot the computer, it just boots as normal,
> rather than resuming (it does complain about uncleanly unmounted
> disks). How do I tell the kernel to load a suspend-to-disk image rather
> than booting?

What makes you think, that S4OS is supported in FreeBSD?
AFAIK only S4BIOS is working at the moment.

In Message-ID: <42D174A1.2080707 at root.org>
(Subject: Re: is anyone working on software suspend-to-disk and/or -current)
Nate Lawson wrote yesterday:
|As far as I know, no one is working on suspend to disk at this time.

Regarding S3, here is what I had to do to make it work on my ThinkPad R51
running 5.4-STABLE:

In /boot/loader.conf I added:
acpi_video_load="YES"

In /etc/sysctl.conf:
hw.acpi.reset_video=0
hw.syscons.sc_no_suspend_vtswitch=1

Maybe these settings work for your system as well.

Fabian
--
http://www.fabiankeil.de/