6.0-SNAP005: pptpclient; mpd/ng; pf; tcpdrop; vidcontrol/saver; gbde/md

Igor Robul igorr at speechpro.com
Mon Jul 11 08:52:46 GMT 2005

Ab Normal wrote:

>I've installed FreeBSD 6.0-CURRENT-SNAP005 (i386) on my stand-alone home
>computer, which connects to the internet via adsl.

-CURRENT is development branch of FreeBSD and may be not very stable.
Also it has many debuging options turned on (read /usr/src/UPDATING) so
you may get performance reduction. Personaly, I use -CURRENT on my home
PC, and it is faster than 5-STABLE on same hardware, but your experience
may be other.