Problem with php5 configure.

Beecher Rintoul northwind at vfemail.net
Sat Jul 9 04:52:04 GMT 2005

I ran into a configure error while updating php5, I get the following:

Configuring extensions
checking whether to enable LIBXML support... yes
checking libxml2 install dir... /usr/local
checking whether libxml build works... no
configure: error: build test failed.  Please check the config.log for
details.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to ale at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/lang/php5/work/php-5.0.4/config.log" including the output of the
failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to provide an
overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
/var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Configure Log:

-lm  -lxml2 -lz -liconv -lm 1>&5
/usr/local/lib/libxml2.so: undefined reference to `pthread_equal'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 18580 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

    char xmlInitParser();
    int main() {
      xmlInitParser();
      return 0;
    }

The box is running yesterday's 5 stable. I have the latest libxml2
installed.
I tried emailing the maintainer, but got no response. Anyone have a
suggestion? Please cc me, I'm not subscribed to the list.

TIA,
Beech