DarwinStreamingServer problem

steve lasiter slas7713 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 8 00:42:43 GMT 2005

This is my second post and I wanted to say the replies
to my first post were very very helpful, thank you all
for what you are doing.

I'm on release 5.4 and I'm attempting to install the
DarwinStreaming Server from the ports. I updated my
ports first. I then went to the
/net/DarwinStreamingServer port and upon my "make
clean install" command I get the following:

"Please get DSS-v5_0_3_2.zip from
http://developer.apple.com/darwin/project/streaming/
And you must accept the APSL. Then, put in
/usr/ports/distfiles/DDS-v5_0_3_2.zip"

Of course I went to the location and could not find
any reference to this zip file. I've done an exaustive
search on Google, the BSD site, and the Apple site on
"DDS-v5_0_3_2.zip" and got no hits.

I then thought I might do a manual and downloaded the
recent DarwinStreamingSrvr5.5-Source from the website.
I got it to compile successfuly with the ./Buildit
command but now the Install script will not work and
it appears that if I modified it somewhere I could get
it to work but I'm not that advanced and could not
find any good examples of the modified script on the
web.

I appreciate any help you guys can give me on this
one.

Dean Lasiter