imap-uw / squirrellmail / mysql / postfix / postfixadmin question

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Thu Jul 7 15:23:37 GMT 2005

--On Wednesday, July 06, 2005 20:18:37 -0700 "M. Goodell"
<freebsdutah at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have successfully installed: imap-uw / squirrellmail / mysql / postfix
> / PostfixAdmin and have setup postfix virtual domain capability. Postfix
> accepts mail for virtual hosts / accounts that I configured with
> PostfixAdmin very well. Watching the mail log the mail arrives and is
> delivered to the /usr/local/virtual/ directory with no problems at all.
> However, the problem I have having is I cannot get SquirrellMail /
> imap-uw to access the mailboxes I have setup for any of the virtual
> domains / accounts. It keeps giving me a login error like the user does
> not exist. I am able to use SquirrellMail to get mail for "real" system
> accounts with ease.
> I think I need to somehow get imap-uw / squirrellmail  to recognize the
> virtual domains & accounts but I am not sure how to do it.
> Can anyone shed some light on the problem ?

The accounts have to exist somewhere.  The system accounts exist in
/etc/passwd.  Where do the virtual accounts exist?  Are you using
cyrus-sasl?

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas