Trouble mounting Zip drive (solved!)

Svein Halvor Halvorsen svein-freebsd-questions at theloosingend.net
Wed Jul 6 09:44:15 GMT 2005

* Andreas Widerøe Andersen [2005-07-06 10:42 +0200]
>  Hi and thanks for all help!
>
>  Seems like I have found a sollution (thanks to this excellent tutorial
>  http://freebsd.peon.net/tutorials/10/ and the help from the mailinglist
>  members):

I didn't follow this thread from the beginning, so I'm not sure if this
was ever an issue, or if it has been discussed. But when I used ZIP disks
some two to three years ago, I had some issues with password-protected and
read-only disks. I found a solution for that sending raw commands to the
device using camcontrol. If you're interested, I could try to dig up my
notes on the matter.

At that time there was no command line utilities I could find that would
set these bits on the disks.

Regadrs,
Svein Halvor