Nothing works

Timothy McLouth mclouthtp at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 02:56:25 GMT 2005

First i tried to make my own installation cd(s) from the instructions given, they did not work so I e-mailed for answers got two different answers neither of which worked so i bought the installation cd(s) ver 5.4...I downloaded the manual which is of little or no use due to variations in installation methods described in the manual and what is actually shown on screen...the ports collection came with it...when i use the make install command it tries to access the internet..then i get a message saying, it couldnt fetch,... try manually... error 1...what is the problem i would really like to use this operating system...I also bought a book for $47 which is useless, the title is misleading..."The design and implementation of FreeBSD" is of no use unless you want to know what the processor is doing from start to end....what a waste of money......I am familiar with unix and still have my unix book from college, in addition i have a bachelors of science in computer information
 systems...Im begining to believe that this is all BS unless i get some straight answers...