fsck_ext2fs problems

Jaap Boender jaapb at kerguelen.org
Tue Jul 5 09:07:32 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I'd like to share a filesystem on the same computer between FreeBSD and Linux,
and as it seems that FreeBSD supports ext2 better than Linux does ufs(2), I've
created an ext2 filesystem. Mounting & accessing Works fine, except when I try
to fsck it, fsck_ext2fs fails with the error message:
"execve: No such file or directory". When I use the e2fsck program, however,
I can fsck the filesystem just fine. Unfortunately, at boot time, FreeBSD
wants to use fsck_ext2fs...

A quick search on the Internet didn't show any solutions, so - does anybody
here know what I can do to get rid of the error message?

Thanks,

   Jaap Boender