Linux move to FreeBSD

Lane lane at joeandlane.com
Mon Jul 4 17:50:50 GMT 2005

On Monday 04 July 2005 11:51, you wrote:
> [...]
Don, I agree.  It is not surprising that people choose to be offended by the
image.  People choose to be offended by whatever they choose.

We make software choices based upon popularity, esthetics, availability, and
even religious conviction - that is a personal choice, and I'm pleased to
support such personal choice.

But those who evangalize for or against a software (or other individual
choice) based upon personal religious conviction are worthy of contempt - not
education, not understanding, not even forgiveness, just contempt.

I disagree with the earlier claim that this was ever a "polite question."
This has always been an insidious attempt by outsiders and newcomers to
influence the direction and even the history of some of the most important
players in the open-source community, since the question easily applies to
all *nix systems.  I grudginly accept that those who ask the question may not
even realize what they are doing, but I'd wager that most evangelicals don't
realize the impact of what they do, either - that still doesn't make it
polite, innocent, or in any way acceptable.