SendMail Error Message

Gerard Seibert gerard-seibert at suscom.net
Mon Jul 4 13:03:12 GMT 2005

For no apparent reason, the following error message is suddenly appearing
on my computer monitor.

# Jul  4 07:48:31 beerstud sm-mta[5876]: j64BIV2C005802: SYSERR(root):
hash map "Alias0": unsafe map file /etc/mail/aliases.db: World writable
directory

I checked, and the directory is set at 0755. I never altered it or
anything, so why is it suddenly giving me this message? In addition, what
do I have to do to correct the situation?

--
Thanks

Gerard Seibert
gerard-seibert at seibercom.net

 	"Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving
 	pleasure to thousands and all you can do is scratch it."

 		Sir Thomas Beecham to a lady cellist.