Linux move to FreeBSD

nbco nbco at screaming.net
Sun Jul 3 14:01:30 GMT 2005

On Sunday 03 July 2005 00:35, sparxz at excite.com wrote:
> Hi
<snip>
> I would like to know if possible how this came about,
> and what thinking was behind it. From experience, I consider
> symbols to be very significant, Historically, psychologically
> and even spiritually.
>
> Best regards
>
> Mark

Hi there Mark,
Individuals who come onto this list and ask questions which have
repeatedly been answered, risk being called trolls.  The briefest of
searches would have explained the answer to your question.:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/misc.html#DAEMON-NAME

Please don't initiate a discussion about this as this thread
demonstrates, the issue has been discussed to death:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2005-February/076061.html

Many thanks
.nbco