FreeBSD's Visual Identity: Outdated?

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu
Sun Jul 3 00:10:40 GMT 2005

Nikolas Britton wrote this message on Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 22:46 -0600:
> 2. I cringe when I see Times New Roman, again redo the whole site with a
> modern web font: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Etc. (ever here of Cascading
> Style Sheets?)

you mean a sans-serif font? yes, most computer display fonts should
be sans-serif since the screen resolution does not always allow you to
do that...  (and Helvetica isn't that modern, about 50 years old now
it appears)...

As for CSS, it appears that we do use CSS on the site:
 <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="./index.css" />

And part of CSS is letting people choose what font they want to display
the site in...  It appears at least Mozilla chooses Times by default...
So I'd more complain to the browers that display with the default font..

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579