Gnome problems

Marco Beishuizen marco at beishuizen.info
Sat Jul 2 22:02:06 GMT 2005

On stardate Sat, 2 Jul 2005, the wise albi at scii.nl entered:

> On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 14:53:54 +0200 (CEST)
> Marco Beishuizen <marco at beishuizen.info> wrote:
>
>> Since I installed a new version of "pango" none of the gnome
>> applications  work anymore:
>> marco at yokozuna>$ gnumeric
>> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libpangoft2-1.0.so.600" not
>> found,  required by "gnumeric"
>
> this url might be of help : http://www.freebsd.org/gnome

I tried to upgrade gnome with the script provided on the website but it
failed. It quits when it tries to install OpenOffice. Now my Xfce is a
total mess and I have to install all my Gnome apps manually, but it looks
like the libraries I was looking for are installed again.

Marco
--
Parker's Law:
 	Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone.