integrated SATA RAID controller on Intel server board SE7520bd2

Gayn Winters gayn.winters at mail.bristolsystems.com
Sat Jul 2 16:02:03 GMT 2005

Olga,

I'm afraid you are ALMOST out of luck.  The 7520 chipset contains the
ICH5R controller.  To support RAID1, the ata driver needs the mk3
patches, which are not in 5.4-RELEASE.  You can, as you suggest,
implement RAID1 in software.  There are several postings on this topic.
You could also add a RAID controller card.  There are many postings on
this as well, but if you want an all-Intel configuration, Intel's
website lists two compatible Intel RAID boards.

-gayn