system wide fetchmail

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Fri Jul 1 07:51:32 GMT 2005

Ryan Rempel wrote:
> */5 * * * * fetchmail -s -f /usr/local/etc/fetchmailrc

> Now, if you want each user to be able to administer their own
> fetchmailrc, then I don't know how to do that without having each user
> run fetchmail individually.

wrap the fetchmail -f with a loop over user's home dirs where they can
edit their own fetchmail?
with some obvious checks for if -f /home/[user]/.fetchmailrc , etc, of
course.

Haven't thought through the implications of running fetchmail as root
with user-provided config files.... maybe u can drop privileges to the
user before running it.

Beto