.html problems

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at clunix.cl.msu.edu
Mon Jan 31 14:25:38 PST 2005

> where is the (httpd.conf) file?
> it is not in /etc

No ports config files should go directly in to /etc.  You could
have a really hard to read and manage mess then.

the httpd.conf file will be wherever you told the apache install to put it.

A likely place would be   /usr/local/etc/apache/    which seems to
be the current thinking on how to install ports/third party software.
I think the ports install now puts it there by default.
But I have machines with it in /usr/local/web/conf as well.
They are from an earlier era.

Note that there may be a couple of other .conf files srm.conf
and access.conf in particular.   Those are vestigial and all of
their function has been rolled in to httpd.conf so don't put
anything in them, just the httpd.conf file.

////jerry