vmnet1 vmneet2 etc

Christian Hiris 4711 at chello.at
Mon Jan 31 14:15:07 PST 2005

On Monday 31 January 2005 22:25:22, dick hoogendijk wrote:
> I lost all mail in transferring my system to another harddisk.
>
> I had the answer stored somewhere. Now it's gone. ;-(
> I want to run three virtual vmware machines on one host. It was
> something with different vmnet and the option custom, but I can't figure
> out how exactly.. Any link or info?

For vmware3 take a look into
/usr/local/share/doc/vmware/MultipleInstaces.FreeBSD.

In the virtual machines interface config dialog select type "Custom" and
allocate your interfaces (/dev/vmnet1, /dev/vmnet2, etc.) to your vmware
instances.

Some config and routing issues were discussed in the emulation list:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-emulation/2004-July/thread.html#482

Cheers,
ch

--