OSS driver

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Sun Jan 30 20:49:11 PST 2005

In the last episode (Jan 31), Bozhidar Batsov said:
> I'm desperate. The driver that is supposed to autodetect my audio doen't
> even has it in its list of recognized devices.

More details would be nice.  "the driver" and "my audio" should have
been "the snd_ich driver" and "something that I can't guess because you
didn't tell us".  Luckily you mentioned nforce later on.

Run pciconf -lv, find your card, try adding the chip ID to the list of
supported IDs in /sys/dev/sound/pci/ich.c .  If it works, send a PR
with the patch.  Examples:

	Dan Nelson
	dnelson at allantgroup.com