1st security warning: "installed zlib version may containasecurity bug"

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sun Jan 30 16:49:08 PST 2005

Oops, belay this - the version of zlib in FreeBSD is much older and
is not vulnerable.

clamav is the problem - the check they are making is assuming that
any zlib implementation that is not 1.2.2 is vulnerable.  The hack
that I gave will work to get clamav built on your system - but there
is no need to update the zlib libraries.

Ted