Sound issues

Bozhidar Batsov lordbad at developer.bg
Sun Jan 30 01:32:37 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gert Cuykens" <gert.cuykens at gmail.com>
To: "Bozhidar Batsov" <lordbad at developer.bg>
Cc: <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 9:52 PM
Subject: Re: Sound issues

> what happens if you play a wav file with xmms ?
> because i think i have the same sound chip (Realtek ALC650 6-channel
> CODEC) on my sk8n and it works realy nice but only with xmms
> (oss-plugin) together with the freebsd sound driver and the ich driver

I'm using the oss-plugin in xmms, nut I havent really played any wav files
with it. I'll check that out. However winamps surround plug-ins used to work
with all audio formats and mplayer is unable to play a movie with more that
two channel sound output... Btw aren't the oss-plugin and the oss driver two
totally different things?