2 quick firewall questions for FreBSD

albi albi at scii.nl
Sat Jan 29 14:01:03 PST 2005

Andy Firman wrote:

> Second, I would like to replace my Linux gateway running
> Shorewall.  Shorewall is a nice package for managing the
> netfilter firewall capabilities of the Linux kernel.
> Is there something similar for FreeBSD?

personally i don't like Shorewall at all
but.. imho m0n0wall rocks : http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/
:)
- based on FreeBSD
- you can run it from a soekris, or from cdrom+floppy or from hdd
- more responsive (at configuring) than some hardware-routers i've tried
- features amongst others portforwarding, VPN, traffic shaper,
   traffic grapher