realplayer-10

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Fri Jan 28 13:49:13 PST 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 10:26:10AM +0100, Joerg Pulz wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Skylar Thompson wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 08:45:01PM -0800, Gary Kline wrote:
> >>
> >>	People,
> >>
> >>	Does anybody know why I'm getting this err output
> >>	from the FBSD mozilla?
> >>

> >>pd 12:05 <zen> [1353] LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
> >>/usr/local/lib/linux-mozilla/plugins/nphelix.so [Shared object
> >>"libstdc++.so.5" not found, required by "nphelix.so"]
> >>locate nphelix.so
> >>/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/nphelix.so
> >>/usr/local/lib/linux-mozilla/plugins/nphelix.so
> >>
> >>	I don't run linux-mozilla on my laptop; I *have* installed
> >>	the linuxpluginwrapper port.
> >
> >Do you have the linux_base package installed? You'll need that for
> >libstdc++.so.5, which is the library that you're missing.
>
> if you have installed the linuxpluginwrapper port, you should have seen
> a message generated by the port, how to setup your /etc/libmap.conf file
> to get the different plugins working with a native FreeBSD browser.
>
> you should take a look at the examples in the
> /usr/local/share/examples/linuxpluginwrapper/
> directory.
> they contain a section for the realplayer-10 plugin. after adding the
> necessary lines to your /etc/libmap.conf and restarting mozilla, the
> shouldn't appear and about:plugins should show the plugin.

	Well, strange but true: somehow my linux_base8 was missing.
	(A make deinstall reinstalled set that right... )
	Somehow it was still listed in /var/db/pkg.  That was one thing.
	The other was missing the libmap.conf5.3 file in
	/usr/local/share/examples/linuxplugginwrapper.

	thanks guys,

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix