READ_DMA timed out on Promise FastTrak100

Matthias F. Brandstetter haimat at lame.at
Fri Jan 28 04:57:44 PST 2005

---------- quoting list at mindling.com ----------
> However, when I boot FreeBSD, the system reports READ_DMA errors on the
> second drive, and the array reports a degraded state. I can still mount
> it, and both drive lights flash when accessing the volume.

I had similar problems with my SATA RAID controller, lots of DMA errors.
Looks like a bug in 5.3 -- or is it fixed now?

I solved this issue in disabling DMA via sysctl...
HTH! Greetings, Matthias

--
Marge, tell Bart I just want to drink a nice glass of syrup like I do
every morning.

  -- Homer Simpson
     Lisa the Vegetarian