portmanager loop?

Michael C. Shultz reso3w83 at verizon.net
Wed Jan 26 18:39:35 PST 2005

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 06:11 pm, Alan Gerber wrote:
> I'd like to report a similar problem with the linux_base system.  My
> box has been recompiling linux_base-rh-7.3 for 12 hours now! :-)
>
> The three strikes method sounds like a good temporary fix to the
> problem.  Please let us know when you get it posted!
>
> --
> Alan Gerber

The patch is being tested now and so far its working. It stops the
looping at the third attempt like planned.  I just need let portmanager
-u finish so I know there are no surprises at the end. I promise I'll
post it tonight when this run is done.  I'll reply somewhere in this
thread when I have a PR number and will cc everyone who is in
this thread as well.

-Mike