removing php4 in order to install php5-pear

Thomas Foster tbonius at comcast.net
Wed Jan 26 16:53:35 PST 2005

Are you wanting PHP4 or PHP5?

Try pkg_delete of PHP5-PEAR, and then make distclean for PHP4-extensions..
and then make config to install what extensions you want then.. make and
make install them..

I believe the current build of both PHP4 and PHP5 installs the CLI as well
as the Apache module..
As long as you have the mime.types and module loading from your apache
conf.. you should be good to go.. just restart apache..

Hope this helps