ipf rules for ftp server

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Tue Jan 25 12:38:34 PST 2005

I read the handbook and googled, but am still confused on the right
rules for my FTP server.

I use ipf. My ftp section in /etc/ipf.rules now is:

# FTP server out
pass out quick on rl0 proto tcp from any to any port = 21 flags S keep
state
pass out quick on rl0 proto tcp from any to any port > 1024 flags S keep
state
# Allow in FTP from the Internet
pass in quick on rl0 proto tcp from any to any port = 21 flags S keep
state
pass in quick on rl0 proto tcp from any to any port = 20 flags S keep
state
## end

I don't feel these are right. But maybe they are. Can somebody give me
advice on this?

The ftp server needs to be up-and-running asap; my children want to
update there webpages ;-)

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.10 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)