FreeBSD 5.3 on Compaq ProLiant 1500

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Mon Jan 24 21:40:37 PST 2005

Hi Jeremy,

  The Compaq Smart Array driver (ida) has had a problem with EISA
adapters
ever since it was introduced into FreeBSD.  I've written the developer
and
offered to ship him a system, he requested I set up a system and let him
remotely access it.  Unfortunately I never got the time to do so.  If you
have a spare ide drive, set it up and put a skeleton FreeBSD system on
the
ide drive, put it on the Internet so it can be reached, then contact the
ida driver
and I'm sure he will get it running for you.

  It would be nice to get this running.  In the meantime I use mine to
run
Solaris 2.5.1 x86.

Ted