Partition Size

Peterhin hindrich at worldchat.com
Mon Jan 24 16:43:25 PST 2005

I asked the question the other day,  whether to do a standard install or
a custom install. This was brought about because I read several
sources, including  G. Lehey's "The Complete FreeBSD"

I will be doing a Custom install. My question however, is looking at
page 70, in "The Complete FreeBSD" and I quote "Use the rest of the
space on disk for a /home file system. as long as it's possible to back
it up on a single tape. Otherwise make multiple file systems."

My question is do I make multiple /home directories.? I have a SATA 80GB
hard drive, so as Greg L. suggests  4GB to 6GB for the root file
system.
1GB to 2GB for the Swap file. The rest of the disk for the /home file.

That would leave me with a  /home  of approx. 72GB. I would appreciate
any thoughts as to how I should  do this. The computer will be used as
a stand alone workstation, with internet and email access for now. I do
have a large number of JPEG files in my existing /home directory.
(Linux)

--
Peter

"Peace is never more than one thought away"