Enemy-Territory for Linux run Problem on FreeBSD 5.3 Release

Kevin Coles kbsdcoles at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 15:04:58 PST 2005

Hello,
I am running FreeBSD 5.3 Release on a AMD Athlon 2800+ with Linux
compatibility installed. I have just installed Linux-EnemyTerritory
from ports and I tried to run it: ./et in
/usr/compat/linux/usr/games/et .
I then get this error message:

failed
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
----- CL_Shutdown -----
Sys_Error: GLimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

I have located libGL.so.1 in my /usr/X11R6/lib/ .
I read the handbook page on Linux Compatibilty, however that didn't
seem to help.

Thanks,
Kevin Coles