Sendmail: host name lookup failure
Paul A. Hoadley
paulh at logicsquad.net
Mon Jan 24 02:15:13 PST 2005
Firstly, thanks for the comprehensive reply.
On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 04:06:32AM +0100, J65nko BSD wrote:
> It could be that the MS Windows DNS server, which is derived
> from/patterned after named or however you want to call it, suffers
> from a similar defect. Being not familiar with the MS DNS server,
> you could find out whether it it possible to disable IPV6. BIND has
> this option.
Interesting. I did wonder whether disabling IPv6 in the Windows DNS
server was possible---it was going to be something I looked at, but I
stopped investigating once I found a workaround.
> RE: resolving unqualified hostnames
Thanks for the information and examples.
> RE: .ns.chariot.net.au. and ns2.chariot.net.au.
Thanks for the information. The problem I originally described, of
course, is unrelated to these nameservers. I never made it quite
clear enough in my original post, but the trouble I was having was
with an internal view of our domain namespace. I'll let Chariot know
their nameservers are broken.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 187 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/attachments/20050124/c3452511/attachment.bin
More information about the freebsd-questions