samba printing

Andras Kende andras at kende.com
Sun Jan 23 16:56:34 PST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Mikko Heiskanen
Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2005 4:44 PM
To: questions at freebsd.org
Subject: RE: samba printing

On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 23:06, Andras Kende wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Looks like the spool directories are different in /etc/printcap and
> in smb.conf:
>
> sd=/var/spool/raw:
>
> path = /var/spool/samba
>
> Try to set to the same path, also make sure windows user has
> Enough privileges to write to spool directory...
>
> Best regards,
>
> Andras Kende

Hi,
Appreciate the answer, but to my understanding, the two spool
directories need to be separate. From the samba documentation:

"Successful printing from a Windows client via a Samba print server to a
UNIX printer involves six (potentially seven) stages:
3.Windows sends a copy of the print file over the network into Samba's
spooling area.
5. Samba invokes the print command to hand the file over to the UNIX
print subsystem's spooling area."

I am naturally with admin priviledges on windows side.
I am though almost certain it is some little configuration err.
As always.

Mikko