moving users to new puter

Chris Hill chris at monochrome.org
Sun Jan 23 06:05:32 PST 2005

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, Perttu Laine wrote:

> I'm moving all lusers from old server to new. What files and
> directories I need to copy? /usr/home of course and /etc/passwd and
> /etc/group.

In addition to those, I'd want to hold on to /etc/printcap,
/etc/ntp.conf and /var/mail. /etc/hosts too, if you're using it.
Basically anything from /etc that you've customized that isn't
machine-specific. Possibly some things from /usr/local/etc as well,
depending on your application.

Chris Hill               chris at monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]