Network Printing - Please put me out of my misery

gabriel normal1.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 11:12:37 PST 2005

Hello everyone,

I call this e-mail "Network Printing" because that, along with many
other strings I've been googling for the past two days. This is the
situation, I've got an HP PSC2510 and I've gotten everything working
(copier, fax, scanner) except for the printing. I've got this printer
connected to my network switch via it's NIC and it's pulling an IP
address, I did a brief nmap to see where it listens and here is the
output:

-- Interesting ports on hpprinter (10.0.0.19):
(The 1657 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
PORT     STATE SERVICE
21/tcp   open  ftp
80/tcp   open  http
139/tcp  open  netbios-ssn
280/tcp  open  http-mgmt
443/tcp  open  https
9100/tcp open  jetdirect
MAC Address: 00:01:E6:94:5D:5D (Hewlett-Packard Company)
Device type: printer
Running: HP embedded
OS details: HP printer w/JetDirect card
Uptime 0.010 days (since Sat Jan 22 11:04:39 2005)
--

I have never setup a printer in my bsd days, thus I'm inquiring here.
Does anyone have any clues, links to how-tos, a cousin's phone number

Thanks!

gabriel,

Member of:
FreeBSD-Announce