Which Way to Partition.

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sat Jan 22 01:23:44 PST 2005

The message to stheg was people that throw rocks should not live
in glass houses, a message he quite obviously understood since he
has wisely refrained from responding.

The message to the rest of the list was that it isn't nice to
criticize people for baloney items, and that if you do so, others
are going to come after you.  I have found that sort of response to
be more effective in the long run to use a ruler to snap the fingers
than to make pious hand-wringing or whiny limp appeals to play nice.
And I don't mind being called an a-hole for doing it.  As a matter
of fact, the more people that criticize me for criticizing
stheg, the more of a nasty a-hole I look like, which greatly enhances
my effectiveness for making people like stheg who start the rock-throwing
to quake in their shoes and be more afraid of starting the rock
throwing.  So, thanks for the cirticism!  Perhaps you and some others
could give me some more so as to make me an even more effective
deterrent to sthenglike behavior :-)

Although of course you must not construe this statement as a statement
that
I wish to interfere with your rights to make as many pious hand-wringing
or whiny limp appeals to be nice as you feel necessary, should you feel
the need to make pious hand-wringing or whiny limp appeals to be nice,
that is.

Sorry to have to be so blunt publically, I'm not trying to embarass you,
but clearly since you didn't get this, others may have not also.  Thus
I feel this message also should go for public distribution.  Is that
enough justification for ccing questions?

By the way, could we possibly have more metadiscussion please?  You
know, I heard this last Christmas there was a sick kid that all he wanted
for Christmas was for everyone to send him a Christmas card....

At least one good thing is we can tell old TM8675309 at aol that we now have
unimpeachable proof that FreeBSD must not have nay problems anymore
since there's so few problems people are posting about now that we
are now posting about posting about posting!!! ;-)

Ted