Error installing softwares on FreeBSD system

hamsadhvani at netzero.com hamsadhvani at netzero.com
Fri Jan 21 10:07:42 PST 2005

 I completed the BSD 5.3 instllation on my Dell Desktop using the first CD of the 4 CD set. I installed all the ports and distributions in the first CD. But when I tried to 'make install' emacs from the /usr/ports/editors/emacs20 directory I get a lot of messages which says 'Attemting to fetch from :<ftp site name> : No address record
And finally an error message which says:
   Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this port manually into usr/ports/distfiles and try again
Error code 1
Same is the case with other softwates and utilities.

I don't have FTP configured on my computer. Do I have to get the CVS repository installed? If so please give me the instructions or a link. Is it necessary that I install the rest of the CDs?