Connection via proxy

Mervin McDougall mcd_advisory at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 06:32:29 PST 2005

Unfortunately, I was still not able to ping the proxy
server. I tried pinging by using the name of the
server as well as the IP address but neither were
successful. Are there any preliminary configurations
that should be done prior to connecting to a proxy
server or is it simply a matter of connecting the cat
5 cable to the switch, adding the DNS server addresses
to /etc/resolv.conf, and configuring the web browser
to access the internet?