FreeBSD I LOVE YOU

Anthony Atkielski atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jan 19 19:27:19 PST 2005

Mike Jeays writes:

MJ> I presume you have tried changing the boot order in the BIOS settings?
MJ> You should be able to make the CD or floppy drive come ahead of the hard
MJ> disk in the boot sequence.

Yes, I've tried lots of stuff.  It's a HP motherboard and apparently a
HP BIOS.  I've tried all sorts of variations on boot order and enabling
and disabling of boot devices.  The structure of the BIOS options makes
it clear that it should be possible to boot selectively from either
diskette or CD, but I can't get either of these to work; it won't boot
from CD unless diskette boot is also activated, and it won't boot from
diskette because it says it cannot see the floppy disk reader.  I don't
know what's going on.  The machine has been running for so long that I
don't remember much about how to configure the BIOS!

--
Anthony