Detecting CD devices

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Wed Jan 19 15:59:39 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 16:06 -0500, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> What device are those applications looking for?
>
> Perhaps (just a guess) they're looking for /dev/cdrom or /dev/cd0 and
> you only have /dev/acd0?

I'm not sure.  I thought I remember there being a way to 'alias' the
devices such that /dev/cdrom, /dev/dvd, etc. could point to the same
device such that programs would find them.  Is this the case?  How would
fstab look?

--
Cheers,
Trey

The most costly of all follies is to believe passionately in the
palpably not true.
It is the chief occupation of mankind.
-- H.L. Mencken

6:59PM up 2 days, 25 mins, 1 user, load averages: 1.31, 0.76, 0.60
FreeBSD salamander.thesizemores.net 5.3-STABLE i386