FW: ns & tclcl on FreeBSD 5.3

Pratt, Benjamin E. bepratt at stcloudstate.edu
Wed Jan 19 09:14:45 PST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Pratt, Benjamin E.
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 1:34 PM
To: 'ports at freebsd.org'
Subject: ns & tclcl on FreeBSD 5.3

Hello, I recently heard about the port net/ns so I thought I'd give it a
try. Unfortunately when I tried installing it I found that one of it's
dependencies is broken, devel/tclcl. The error message that I get when
trying to install tclcl is "===>  tclcl-1.15 is marked as broken: Does
not compile on FreeBSD >= 5.x." However when I search
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/ and restrict the search to ports that are
for 5-STABLE/i386 I am able to find tclcl-1.15, the broken port.

I recently got an announcement listing the ports that are scheduled for
removal and neither ns or tclcl were on that list. Does that mean that
tclcl is being fixed?? If it is being fixed is there an estimated date
at which we will be able to install tclcl and therefore install ns??

Thank you for any information,

Ben